Adoption Center-Shelter: Tues-Sun | Noon-6pm

Thrift Store : Mon-Sun | 10am-7pm 

Keeping Animals Safe in Clark County

Keeping animals safe in our community is a big job - and it requires a big team! The following agencies provide support for animal welfare concerns in our community. Please review the list below to help direct you to the appropriate agency. 

Animal Cruelty/Neglect and Stray Animals
Emergency Veterinarian Services
Wild Animals 
Feral Cat Spay/Neuter Services
Animal safety in hot weather
Live Traps
Poison Control 
Rabies Concerns
Deceased Animals 

Animal Cruelty/Neglect

Reports for animal welfare concerns including: negligence, abuse, noise violations and "loose" animals should be reported by contacting one of the following (please contact the agency responsible for appropriate jurisdiction)

City of Vancouver and unincorporated Clark County:

Clark County Animal Protection & Control - Provides animal control services for the unincorporated areas of Clark County as well as the City of Vancouver. 

Concerns - 360.397.2488
Licensing - 360.397.2489

Animal complaints and concerns for other Clark County cities:

Camas/Washougal Animal Control - 360.835.9701

Battle Ground Animal Control - 360.342.5100

Yacolt Town Hall - 360.686.3922

Ridgefield Police Department - 360.687.3556

La Center Police Department - 360.263.2745

Emergency Veterinarian Services

When your pet is having a medical emergency, it's important to know where to go. Below is a list of local animal hospitals offering emergency care services. 

Columbia River Veterinary Specialists
6607 NE 84th St #109
Vancouver, WA 98665

Dove Lewis ER & ICU Animal Hospital
1945 NW Pettygrove St
Portland, OR 97209

St. Francis 24 hr Animal Hospital
12010 NE 65th St
Vancouver, WA 98682

VCA Southeast Portland Animal Hospital
13830 SE Stark St
Portland, OR 97233

Wild Animals 

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife handles all questions and concerns pertaining to non-domesticated wild animals. The Department also maintains a list of licensed trappers in Clark County for nuisance wildlife.

Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife - 360.696.6211
Licensed Trappers in Clark County

Animal Help Now is another resource which directs users to the closest and most appropriate resource to respond to wild animal concerns. 

Animal Help Now

Feral Cat Spay/Neuter Services

Are you caring for a feral cat? If you wish to have it spayed or neutered (and will continue to provide care for it), please learn more about Trap-Neuter-Release programs with the Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon

Animal Safety in Hot Weather

When summer turns on the heat, it's important to keep our pets safe. Check out our hot weather safety tips to learn more about keeping your animals happy and healthy in the summer months. 

Pets left in cars in hot weather are a serious concern. In Washington State, leaving a pet in a hot car could lead to felony animal cruelty charges. If you see an animal trapped in a hot car, contact your local animal control agency or police department. 

Live Traps

HSSW and Clark County Animal Control are unable to provide live traps. For pricing and rental of live traps, please contact: 

Orchards Feed Store - 360.892.3001
Park Rose Hardware - 360.693.7881 (East Vancouver) or 360.433.0855 (Vancouver Heights)

Poison Control

The ASPCA Poison Control is resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Contact them if you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance.

ASPCA Poison Control - 888.426.4435


Programs of the Executive Horse Council include Ripley’s Horse Aid and Adopt-a-Horse program. The voucher program provides temporary financial assistance to horse owners. Visit their website or contact them for a list of included services. 

Executive Horse Council - 503.780.4402

Lost and found horses, call Brand Inspector and Animal Protection and Control

Ron Balkowitsch - 360.600.3166 or [email protected]


Clark County Beekeepers Association provides information and education primarily to hobby beekeepers and to the general public. It serves as a resource for those interested in developing and maintaining honey bee colonies and responds to reports of honey bee swarms and requests for swarm removal. 

Clark County Beekeepers Association

General Info - [email protected]
Swarm report/removal - 360.518.0787, 360.573.8330, 360.573.0985

Rabies Concerns 

The County Health Department assesses risk of rabies exposure. While all animal-to-human bites need to be reported directly to the jurisdictional animal control agency, contact the Health Department for animal testing and treatment recommendations from contact with bats or other possible carriers.

Clark County Health Department - 360.397.8182

Deceased Animals 

The road department is responsible for removal of deceased animals other than cats or dogs in Clark County. Animal Control will pick up deceased cats and dogs in Clark County and all other dead animals within the city of Vancouver.

Dogs and cats (or all animals in Vancouver)
Clark County Animal Protection & Control - 360.397.2488

Reports other than dogs/cats
Clark County Department of Public Works - 360.397.2446