Since 1879, HSSW has been in service to pets in our community. Each year, our work impacts the lives of more than 8,000 pets and the people they love. HSSW offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to its employees. We value teamwork, a commitment to our mission, and above all, a true passion for people, animals, and community.
Our work is more than providing shelter and care to animals in need. At HSSW we complete families, we reunite lost pets, we are a resource to our community, and we provide meaningful support programs to families in need. Click to learn more.
Health and Wellness
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Access to affordable life, disability, and accidental supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program provides legal, financial, and counseling services to employees, their dependents, and anyone residing in their household. No cost to employee
- Matching percentage 401(k) retirement plan with a Roth option
- Flexible plan for out-of-pocket health and/or dependent day care expenses
Paid Time Off
- Paid time off (PTO) for all full and part time staff that includes floating holidays
- Bereavement days – for loss of family and personal pets
- Long-term sick bank to be used for personal illness or caring for a family member
Discounts and Perks
- 30% discount on HSSW branded clothing and accessories and at HSSW pet store
- 20% discount at ReTails Thrift Store
- Discounted HSSW pet adoption fees, dog training classes, and some veterinary services
- Discounts with HSSW partners in our community
ReTails Thrift Store
If you prefer you may mail or hand deliver your application. Please label Attn: Human Resources; Humane Society for Southwest Washington, 1100 NE 192nd Ave, Vancouver, WA 98684