Get ready for Walk/Run for the Animals by registering for the event!
Walkers and Runners Registration Fees*
$35 | NOW - March 15
$40 | March 16 - April 15
$45 | April 16 - April 30
$50 | May 1 (day-of)
*Children 12 and under register FREE always (with adult registration)
Can't be there? Register as a Cat-Napper and be a virtual fundraiser! You can still support the event by encouraging your friends, family, co-workers, etc. to donate to your fundraising team!
All registered walkers and runners will receive a participant bag, free swag from our sponsors and partners, and a chance to earn prizes through fundraising. This year only - both walkers and runners will receive a finisher's medal!
How To Get Started
- Follow the link to register for the event and select the, “REGISTER” button at the top of the page. Choose from a virtual run that you can do anywhere or a dog friendly, socially-distanced walk to different HSSW supporter businesses in downtown Vancouver. Registration to walk or run includes a goodie bag and finishers medal. If you'd like to only participate as a fundraiser and not attend the event, use the, "FUNDRAISER ONLY" ticket option.
- Set up a fundraising page. When you register as either a walker or runner, you are automatically created a fundraising page. If you prefer not to fundraise, disregard the email about being a fundraiser, or log in to your account and delete your fundraising page. If you would like to join an existing team or create a new team, select "Register" and either "Join a team" or "Create a team." Contact Kyra at [email protected] if you have questions or issues with your fundraising page. **NEW THIS YEAR: your walk or run registration fee will now be applied to your fundraising page! For example, if you register as a walker and pay the $35 registration fee, your $35 will be applied to your fundraising page and towards your personal and team fundraising goal.
- Personalize your fundraising page. Upload that incredibly cute photo of your pet, the one that melts all the hearts. Tell the world why your pet is the best, why you’re running your first (or 50th) 5k, make it personal and clever. Your friends and family already love you, but show them why they should love you + pets even more. More information on how to edit your page on our Fundraising page.
- Go out into the world and conquer. Send out the unique link to your fundraising page and request donations. There are lots of ways to be creative and raise money for the dogs and cats. Want to do business face-to-face? Collect cash and check and turn them in with a donation tracker (coming soon!). If you have a fundraising page, we’ll add those donations to your page.
- Earn a little thank you. The more donations you earn the more prizes you’ll collect. Just a little something, something for all your awesome effort.
Woof+Meow+Party! It's all for the dogs and cats.
Virtual Timing and 5K Race Awards
This year's run will be virtual! What does that mean? That means you can run a 5K anywhere you'd like and submit your time via a web form, text, or email. The submitted results will be posted by gender and age group rankings that you can view after you run. Run with your dog and submit photos with your results! We'd love to see them!
Virtual Walk/Run for the Animals Instructions:
- A week prior to the event you will receive an email with your race bib and instructions on how to submit results.
- When the race officially starts on Monday, April 26, you will receive an email and text message welcoming you to the race.
- The period to complete your run or walk is between Monday, April 26 and end of day Saturday, May 1.
- Submission of your race results can be done via web form or text message.
- When submitting your results, you will have the option to include a link to you Strava or Garmin Connect activity. If you do this, your results will be marked as Verified. If you don't have one of these apps, you can install Strava from your phone's app store and run with your phone.
- When you report your results, you will be able to upload photos of your race to go into the Official Race Photo gallery.
Race results will be produced and ranked online in the following categories: overall, gender, and age group.
Awards will be given to the following categories. Your award will be emailed to you or available for pick-up at the Fundraising Prize Pick-Up day (date TBD). The winners will be notified the week of May 3, 2021.
- Overall Fastest Woman
- Overall Fastest Man
Prizes are given for first-place finishers in each age group for male and female runners (overall finisher's excluded from age group awards). Prizes and awards will be emailed or available for pick-up at the Fundraising Prize Pick-Up day (date TBD). The winners will be notified the week of May 3, 2021.
- 0 - 13
- 14 - 19
- 20 - 29
- 30 - 39
- 40 - 49
- 50 - 59
- 60 - 69
- 70 - 79
Questions? Need help?
Marketing & Events Coordinator