ReTails is once again open for donations! We've changed our process in order to keep our staff, volunteers, and community safe amid coronavirus concerns. Please watch the video below to learn more or skip down to read the updates.
We're open for donations, with some changes... what are they? If you skipped the video above, here are the big things to note:
- Schedule your donations - this allows our staff to manage the flow of donations to reduce wait time and crowding.
- Limit your donations - at this time, we're asking our donors to limit the volume of their donations to what would fit in their trunk or back seat.
- No furniture or books - we ask that you please do not donate furniture or books at this time.
- Masks required - please wear a mask and observe social distancing when donating
- Donations held 5 days - in order to reduce trace amounts of virus on donated items, all donations will be held for 5 days before being processed and available to shoppers.
Your Donation Matters
Feel great about donating your gently used items to ReTails Thrift Store. All donations benefit the dogs and cats and you’ll receive a donation coupon for your next ReTails purchase.
We're happy to accept most items including vintage items and unworn clothing for our boutique. Also consider donating:
- Antiques and collectibles
- Music and movies
- Brand name items for our boutique
- Clothing (adult, kids, and baby)
- Holiday décor
- Dishes and kitchen items
- Housewares and décor
- Pet care items
- Games and gaming systems
- Shoes, scarves, belts, handbags
- Baby items (please, no cribs or car seats)
- Sporting goods
Tips for Easy Donating
We know you have choices when you donate. Thank you for considering ReTails! Make your donation experience easy - please consider the following:
- Remember the ReTails Golden Rule: If you would consider giving it to a friend, then the item is most likely in good condition and appropriate to donate to ReTails Thrift Store.
- We do not have a repair facility. Please, no items that are stained, broken, or are in poor condition.
- Save time when donating: have your items sorted and ready to give to our donation staff. If possible, please have your items in a bag, box, or container that you're also willing to donate.
- Please be patient during busy times. Our staff is working hard to make the process as efficient as possible.
We Cannot Accept...
Damaged or broken items may not be suitable for resale and may be refused. Please note, we cannot accept the following:
- Large electronics like televisions, appliances, computer monitors or towers.
- Items that have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Please check their website, cpsc.gov, for a list of recalled items.
- Hazardous, poisonous or flammable materials.
- Mattresses, baby cribs, or car seats.
Please do not dump unwanted items at ReTails. Doing so means higher fees for disposal of waste and less revenue to support the dogs and cats.
Looking to get rid of an item that we don't accept? Check out the Recycling A-Z page on the Clark County website for safe and responsible ways to dispose of unwanted items.